Wriveted Pty Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us, our content, products, or services. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Purpose of this Policy
This policy explains our personal information handling practices. It describes how we may collect, use, and disclose information about you or your use of our content, products, or services. This policy is for the benefit of Wriveted customers who use our products.
1. Collection of Personal Information
1.1 How we collect personal information
The main circumstances in which Wriveted collects personal information about you are:
(a) when you provide it to us
If you register as a user of Wriveted, you will provide information to us as part of your registration. You may also give us information when you contact our support team or otherwise participate in Wriveted research activities. For information about our collection and retention of payment information see below.
(b) when someone else provides it to us on your behalf (children)
Sometimes someone else such as a carer (including a parent) or friend might provide us with information about you so that we can provide you with products or services. Other times we may collect personal information about you from publicly available sources.
For more information about our practices in relation to children, see below.
Additional information for parents and young people
(c) when we collect it in relation to your use of Wrivited packages
We also collect information about your use of our games including our websites and apps. This is mainly to improve your experience and so that we can recommend the best matched book. Wriveted uses technologies such as computational linguistics, as part of our book recommendation services. When you use our websites, mobile sites, mobile applications, or applications on any other devices, we use your locally stored data to make our digital services easier to use and more relevant by customising your user experience.
If you are a registered Wriveted user, we may link the information collected about you to your account.
If you are not a registered Wriveted user, then we will track this information by reference to digital information such as an IP address and will not seek to identify you.
If we do not collect information about you or your use of our digital services, we may not be able to provide you with certain digital services, or we may not be able to tailor or enhance your gameplay experience of our digital services.
1.2 Purposes for which we collect, use, and disclose personal information
The purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information include:
- to provide our products and services to you (including physical delivery);
- to improve our products and services, including conducting surveys;
- to tailor and enhance your gameplay and book matching experience;
- to manage our relationship with you, including:
(a) communicating with you about our products or services, including providing information about products or services which we consider may be of interest to you;
(b) billing you for any products or services that we charge for such as book and literacy packages;
(c) investigating any complaints made by or about you;
(d) managing any request by you to return or exchange a product at a later date; and
(e) to otherwise offer you assistance, including, by providing technical support;
- to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of Wriveted or industry third parties we have entered into agreements with;
- for statistical and research purposes;
- to obtain professional services as required including legal, accounting or insurance services;
- if permitted or required by law;
- otherwise with your consent; or
- for purposes directly related to any one or more of the above.
We will not send you unsolicited direct marketing emails, without your prior consent, unless we are permitted to do so by law. We will always give you the option to opt out of further communications.
1.3 Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information that we collect to our:
- technology service providers, including, internet service providers, app service providers, cloud hosting service providers, software suppliers, and maintenance and support service providers and security services on a confidential basis so that they can provide services to us;
- Wriveted fulfilment partners such as Australia Post, product distributors, third party suppliers, third party vendors, gift card suppliers and loyalty program suppliers;
- marketing, promotions and ratings service providers;
- analytics service providers including Facebook and Google Analytics (for more information, you can read the Google Analytics Terms of Service here); and
- subscription service providers and their mailing houses.
These third parties may be located in Australia or outside Australia, including but not limited to New Zealand, Singapore, the UK, the Netherlands, Ireland, Israel, India, and the USA.
Wriveted has a statutory obligation to take contractual measures to ensure that its contracted service providers do not do an act or engage in a practice that would breach an Australian Privacy Principle if done or engaged in by Wriveted.
Wriveted will not sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Wriveted may include links to third party content on its website and in other electronic communications. Wriveted does not have any control over the privacy practices of those third parties. Please check the website of each relevant third party for details of their privacy policies. Wriveted does not control who links to Wriveted’s site.
1.4 Options to enter into additional privacy terms
2. Seeking access to, and updating, information we hold about you
You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by Wriveted about you. Requests for access will be dealt with by Wriveted in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) or Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information that Wriveted holds. Wriveted will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To seek access to, or correction of, your personal information please contact the Wriveted Privacy Officer, whose details are below.
Personal information that you have provided to Wriveted (such as your name, invoice and delivery addresses, phone number, or email address) is currently not accessible by you. Wriveted recommends that you update your personal information if your details change so that our records are accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact the Wriveted Privacy Officer, whose details are below.
3. Making a complaint
Wriveted welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly. Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details below if you would like to make a complaint. If Wriveted takes more than 30 days to respond to your privacy complaint, or if you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The OAIC can be contacted on 1300 363 992 or at www.oaic.gov.au
4. Privacy contact officer contact details
If you wish to contact our privacy officer, please use the following contact details:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org